Monday 27 July 2015

VOID






Death… had a hollow ring to it. And my melancholic heart resonated with the tune of its silence. It’s as if some small part of me has been taken away from me. And all it has left in its wake is a pit of emptiness. A void that seems as if it would stay there till eternity, a wound that even time won’t heal.

Some of my dreams died that day, as did a few of my hopes. The vision I had of the future was gone, and nothing could ever bring it back. My path was shrouded by a suffocating fog, growing thicker by the minute. Every step I took I grew wearier than the last, till I could no longer bear to walk. I was lost, outside and within.

The fog started closing in on me, like a noose growing tighter, and the more I tried to breathe the less I could. I was gasping for air, for one ray of light through the fog, for a glimmer of hope, but there was none to be found.

The heart rending pain that left the void was gone, as did all feeling, but the void remained. I felt a strange numbness take over me, and I wasn’t strong enough to withstand it. I was giving up, and I was giving in to nothingness. I was receding into the void within, and it pulled me into an abyss. There was no feeling any more, nor thoughts.

The fog had covered me whole and last thing I remember was a darkness enveloping me, embracing me in its cold lifeless arms. I just wanted to sleep, to drift off into a dreamless slumber, and never wake up again.


No comments: